For my birthday, my parents gave me their hand me down snow blower – a Craftsman 5/22. It worked great for a while and then suddenly started stalling and sputtering. It would start but once the choke was off it would sputter and eventually stall. Before paying anyone to fix it, I decided to try the two cheapest things possible to fix it: 1) replace the gas and 2) replace the oil. I only got to step one. I siphoned the 87 octane gas out and replaced it with 93 octane gas and it started running right in under 60 seconds. From now on I’ll buy the high octane gas for my lawn mower and snow blower!